Author Topic: Have NHMA shot themselves in the foot with the new tractor pull rules  (Read 1927 times)

ianoz

I read that all tractors must have standard exhausts ..To me the bellow of a super 70 or 90 is the drawcard for the crowd at the tractor pulls .
I can agree wholeheartedly with the wide tyres ban .
But then i read they want us to have extra insurance because most tractors are not registered . I thought that was what the NHMA insurance covered ,3rd party's at events .
fowler vf,david brown 30td,cat D24U,D47U,D47J,D46U,R4,D68U IH TD9,TD6 and many more
 Benaraby Central Queensland

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Have NHMA shot themselves in the foot with the new tractor pull rules
« Reply #1 on: 01 February, 2020, 02:23:46 pm »
That is what you pay the insurance for but is just another rip off from those mongrels who keep on dictating and grabbing your payments and giving you the shits!
Change over to Rob.S insurance and you should be good and that will send a message to them that they need to communicate to the members who supossedly elect the office bearers and keep them in office.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

famous fitter

« Reply #2 on: 01 February, 2020, 11:01:22 pm »
Hi Ian,

I don?t think the standard exhaust rule is all that new in the NHMA rules for tractor pulling.

It is getting harder and harder to insure tractor pulling for standard tractors let alone anything that could be considered ?modified?. As petty as a muffler is - it may be viewed as a power enhancement ??

It?s no easy task obtaining insurance for vintage machinery displays (and tractor pulling) - I?ve had first hand experience in This

I think the insurance cover we get as a club member through any of the associations is well and truly adequate for the pittance it costs a year. It is the low price that brings more rules to lower risk.

You have around 4 options - 1-obtain independent insurance to suit your needs ( potentially very expensive) 2 - NHMA (follow their guidelines ) 3 -AHA ( follow their guidelines ) 4 -ACRA ( follow their guidelines )

What your thoughts on all this Ian ?

Cheers Justin

ianoz

« Reply #3 on: 02 February, 2020, 02:57:38 am »
Hi Justin , Well the way i read NHMA guidelines By saying unregistered tractors , the operator must have relevant  insurance . It is admitting their insurance cover for events is not good enough . I have never been asked for extra insurance at Biloela rally so i take it their insurance is better and covers us .
AS for Kingaroy club , your tractor pull area has got to be the best i have seen . Have not attended as yet   with tractors  , so have no idea what you club guidelines cover .Are they the same as NHMA ? For me to go to  to Kingaroy Rally , it is an 800 Kms round trip  at 2.5 KMs to the litre . Crawlers won't fit in a 6 by 4 box trailer behind the family car . My truck is on Full Rego  so another $2600 a year
I have a Cat D4-7U and a Cat D4-29 A both have straight pipes from new , One has a Blade . Lot of members of the public at rallies comment on how nice they sound under load .Way i read the NHMA guidelines i will no longer be able to tractor pull at NHMA club rallies . Might have to buy a TE20 to comply
fowler vf,david brown 30td,cat D24U,D47U,D47J,D46U,R4,D68U IH TD9,TD6 and many more

ianoz