Author Topic: Grundfos water pump problem  (Read 1972 times)

Charlie

Grundfos water pump problem
« on: 26 April, 2020, 10:58:38 am »
Hi everyone,
It's been good to 'pick your brains' when it comes to the jobs I had/have around the place.  Thanks for that.  At the moment the focus is on the Grundfos pump (not a tank one).  This pump feeds the house with tank water (we rely on it).  For a while now it's been shutting off, maybe three to four times a week on average.  Sometimes 1-2 times a day.  I then have to press the red reset button and up she fires.  We're got lots of taps around the place (some really old, some new) and I thought maybe a little leak might cause this.  Haven't found one lately but the pump is going off for 10-15 second every now and again.  Did have the auto control replaced a couple of years ago.  This is a twenty year old pump so I can't complain if it needs to be replaced.  Just need to work out if it needs to be.
Cheers,
Charlie   

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Grundfos water pump problem
« Reply #1 on: 26 April, 2020, 03:58:56 pm »
I feel it will be the electrics in the pump that are giving you grief. Might be the control box again but sounds as if there is an overload of some sort for the cut out switch to be tripping.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

famous fitter

« Reply #2 on: 26 April, 2020, 07:27:56 pm »
Gday Charlie,

Have you tried replacing the capacitor ? Maybe it?s cactus and drawing too much too much on start up? Just a guess ..... I?m no sparky but have seen this before !!!!

Cheers Justin

Charlie

« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2020, 08:56:56 am »
Thanks for the replies.  I'm no sparky so will default to the experts.  Came across a fella down the road that does this sort of thing for a business.