Author Topic: Hand Cleaner/s  (Read 1680 times)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Hand Cleaner/s
« on: 26 April, 2020, 04:06:24 pm »
Now here's a topic I haven't seen before and stumbled on it by accident a couple of days ago. I asked Dee to bring home some more Solvol which you think I must eat going by how much I go through along with some of the commercial type hand cleaners. The one I have at the moment was given to me and it is a Castrol 'deep cleansing' hand wash. It has a little bit of beads in it and does ok.
In the past I have have used Swarfega which looked like a green gel stuff, Tip Top hand cleaner which was in the tyre industry and looked and felt like wet saw dust but really stripped the carbon black out of your hands.
So when Dee got back home she plonked this bottle of Ajax Cream Cleanser on the bench and said that she remembers that I used to use this in the past, did I? Now I really need help in remembering becasue for the life of me that never happened but just shut ya mouth Cobba and everything will be good.
Well guess what,  this stuff woks a treat. It really does strip the ground in crap out of your hands. Maybe one day sneak into the kit and "borrow" some and give it a try, this maybe a permanet cleaner at my wash basin out the back.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Gadge

Re: Hand Cleaner/s
« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2020, 11:50:19 am »
The best I've  found of the industrial products is 'Quick Smart' - an old automotive engineer mate introduced me to it decades ago.
Not always easy to find; I get it from one of my local industrial bearing shops. 

Grasshopper

Re: Hand Cleaner/s
« Reply #2 on: 15 June, 2020, 11:15:24 pm »
Hello Cobbadog,
My big container of hand cleaner is starting to get low and I am always getting my hands dirty with oil and grease so next time at the local supermarket will buy some Ajax Cream Cleaner.
Thanks for the tip and I should imagine with you dabbling your hands around a McDonald would be using plenty.
Cheers
Grasshopper Max