Author Topic: WB One Tonner  (Read 5050 times)

Beech

WB One Tonner
« on: 20 June, 2020, 11:01:50 pm »
Have just purchased a WB One Tonner to restore, purchased less motor and gearbox.
The body is in good nick as is the chassis, both guards have rust in the lower rear which is common, have replacements with very little damage and also have two replacement doors as the doors are either dented or have rust.
The cowl is also rusted so that is the only major job in the body department.
I have purchased a Holden Caprice with the LS1 engine and auto gearbox at auction in Canberra that is a write off due to hail damage, so my one tonner should be nice to drive, I also have H series bucket seats to go into it.
 Used to drive a HZ one tonner in my business for many years did over 500,000 k's in it, retired it and bought a WB which I again drove for years I like the one tonners.
Trouble is of course they are very old technology and are no where near as nice to drive as my current ute (VW Amarok V6 auto) but nostalgia and old age.
The reason for this post is that I am looking for a front bumper (chrome) for this vehicle, the one on it is cracked as well as being the basic painted one, alternatively I would fit an alloy bullbar if there is one out there that is what I had on my last WB.

Thanks in advance.

RegardsGeoff.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: WB One Tonner
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2020, 09:17:03 am »
Nice toy in the making. Currently involved with a full nut n bolt restoration of a 1974 LH SLR Torana. Everything is being replaced or fully rebuilt. Once finished value is at a minimum of $120k as suggested by Shannons. Both bars on the Torana were not too flash in the chrome and the front had a split in it and a slight twist. The good news is that these metal bumpers can be welded successfully and straightened and re chromed. If this is no good for you then Rare Spares (or rather Dear Spares) maybe able to supply. Fallshaw Bumper Service did the bars on the Torana, well that is what the panel beater said.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.