Author Topic: Advice on main bearing replacement Massey Fergusson FE35 Petrol motor.  (Read 10619 times)

Grasshopper

Re: Advice on main bearing replacement Massey Fergusson FE35 Petrol motor.
« Reply #30 on: 16 September, 2020, 02:46:45 pm »
Thanks  for comments Steve and John,
Will try out the jib in the next coming week and see how it goes.
Pretty pleased with the end result on the carryall, at least the hydraulics can lift a dog.
Hydraulics seem to be pretty good as carryall left lifted off the ground for over 24 hours and no let down so this is a bonus.
Will have to check out tachometer, not working may be cable or the tacho itself, only a small problem.
Cheers for now,
Grasshopper Max.

Grasshopper

« Reply #31 on: 25 September, 2020, 03:48:29 pm »
Today I hitched up the lifting Jib to "Little Red" the FE Ferguson 35 petrol.
Hitched up ok after discarding the Carryall still on from the other week.
I was pleased with the lift height, a bit worried about counterbalance and weight.
Lifted a YB Southern Cross diesel engine no problems with a bit more to spare if needed.
I may put another lifting point on the jib a little closer to the tractor end for extra safe lift for a  bigger motor when needed.
Tractor was down on minimum revs when engine was lifted with the jib so hydraulics are up to the task and not letting down.
I am happy.
Some photo's below.
Cheers
Grasshopper Max

wee-allis

« Reply #32 on: 25 September, 2020, 04:17:15 pm »

Looks good Max, as I said you wont break it. An easy enough job to fit even a couple of attachment points closer down to take heavier loads. Very handy around the place. You may not need it even once a year, but when you do, you will be glad you have it.

Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

Grasshopper

« Reply #33 on: 25 September, 2020, 10:45:59 pm »
I agree Steve, it won't break and I will fit a couple more attachment points for heavier loads.
Will be very handy.
Grasshopper Max