Author Topic: Rallies this year - Kingaroy?  (Read 2954 times)

allisb

Rallies this year - Kingaroy?
« on: 30 July, 2020, 04:05:54 pm »
Hello team, (particularly Justin.)
There obviously haven?t been many events on this year.
I see the Kingaroy club are advertising their event in September. But couldn?t see a date for the weekend on the advert.
Anybody able to shed any light on that? We are certainly planning to attend if it is still on. Any other takers?
Hopefully they can get past these two (3?) idiotic trollops latest move spreading the virus around in Qld.

Cheers
Rex
I spend most of my pay on old tractors and engines, I tend to waste the rest

famous fitter

Re: Rallies this year - Kingaroy?
« Reply #1 on: 30 July, 2020, 06:46:29 pm »
Hi Rex,

The Kingaroy Rally is planned to go ahead 19-29 September ,but with the unknown outcomes of this latest Covid Problem we will be watching closely how any new restrictions will effect how we run it.

Should it need to be cancelled due to government restriction / lockdowns etc we will officially do that in early September and it will be up on the forums , Facebook and the clubs website .

There Are several contact numbers on the club Flyer including my own if anyone wishes to find out information closer to the rally.

More info coming over the next few weeks

The attitude we are taking is IF WE CAN RUN WE ARE. We are consulting QLD health for guidance but things are developing so We will do our best but we don?t have a crystal ball to see into the future.

Fingers crossed - Justin.

I have far worse names for these people you mentioned above but I can?t say them here. :(

allisb

« Reply #2 on: 31 July, 2020, 06:26:19 am »
Hey, thanks mate. Really hope to see you there.  We are exhibiting our trailer hitch at the camping and outdoor expo this weekend. ?Covid safe? and heading to the LAMA tractor trek next weekend. Will be keenly watching the news over the next week or so.
Yes, agree re the words, but not allowed to use them! But what a mess. Just so annoyed at that situation.

cheers,
Rx

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2020, 09:22:32 pm »
We all hope that you can run the Rally and safely and have a  heap of fund doing so. The conditions of being able to run a Rally during times is you MUST post lots of pics.
Rx, what is this trailer hitch you mentioned?
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

allisb

« Reply #4 on: 05 August, 2020, 05:53:16 am »
Hi, sorry for the tardy response. Been out on jobs around the place as usual, whilst trying to get over a very tiring weekend at the expo.
Please see my website. No, I?m not that clever putting it together, that?s the son in law?s job.
Www.protectahitch.com  (not sure if that will go through as a link. You may need to put it in the browser. I also have a protect-a-hitch facebook page now. (Dragged screaming to social media)

Bottom line is -  I came up with the hitch idea, built one on our old camper trailer so we could tow it behind Lindi, the Chamberlain 6G. We found that it towed incredibly well behind conventional vehicles, so built another for our new camper trailer and got the design certified. After putting a couple on friend?s trailers, they said I should be marketing them. Giving it a try now

Cheers
Rx

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #5 on: 05 August, 2020, 04:00:17 pm »
Nice work Rx.
A long time back we had a more primitive idea of using one of those tow bars that have rubber insertions inside them so that it could flex up and down. We also added a single shock absorber to cushion the ride. This was on a 3 tn Isuzu truck towing a mobile hydraulic press able to push 150 tons onsite. the very large and heavy hydraulic ram was up high so it wanted to rock a little bit but the system we used put it back in its place.

allisb

« Reply #6 on: 05 August, 2020, 07:27:01 pm »
Thanks mate, so you got to see the pics/video etc?
It works incredibly well, I just have to convince others that they need them.

I certainly remember the rubber insertion towbars.  They helped, trucks are just so hard on trailers and caravans.
Cheers,
Rx

famous fitter

« Reply #7 on: 02 September, 2020, 08:16:19 pm »
Hi All,

If you Haven?t already heard - The Annual Kingaroy Rally In September had to be Cancelled as well as our Annual Swap Meet in November.

With things still developing with the Small Covid outbreaks in Queensland at the moment and consultation with government departments over the past few months would reduce these events to the point of being unviable to run.

We fully intended to run the event ,up until a few weeks ago things were looking good but have since gone down hill.

Let?s hope things are back to a bit more normal for 2021

Thanks Justin

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #8 on: 03 September, 2020, 03:57:05 pm »
Just rename the Rallies to being AFL Preliminary Grand Finals and you will be allowed to go ahead and run them. Talk about double standards up there or is it a boxing match you want to hold?

allisb

« Reply #9 on: 04 September, 2020, 06:05:16 pm »
Double standards all right. What a joke. Actually it?s not even a joke. Jokes are funny.
Very sad to miss the rally. May just go up that way with the bride for a few days anyway.  Been looking forward to some time away.
Next year, Justin!
Rx

asw120

« Reply #10 on: 04 September, 2020, 07:14:54 pm »
Technically I expect those sports mobs have hordes of people whos full-time job it is to sort and supervise the covid stuff and they're sit-down events as well, so the distancing is much simplified.
Just not possible for a handful of volunteers at an event where everyone is moving around all the time.
I was really looking forward to Glen Innes (old truck event), but I'm OK with the way things are, even if I don't like it.

Jarrod.

famous fitter

« Reply #11 on: 04 September, 2020, 08:37:06 pm »
Hi all,

Jarrod , you are right it?s not that we are being shut down -it?s compliance that we feel we can?t achieve and still break even on costs .

If we had unlimited resources and money it would be cracking on full noise, We are allowed to hold an event with an approved plan in place. But You may not like what restrictions are needed to hold the event and fully comply- We didn?t Need the extra work nor a fine for someone else?s ignorance to the current rules. The last thing we wanted to do all weekend was to run around separating people and enforcing rules that are beyond our control.

The rules/guidelines are a little more achievable for events under 500 people but we are WELL over that amount of people on site.

Rex, The Bunya mountains is a good destination or the Wineries out Murgon way (Dusty Hill?) if you are out that area don?t forget the junk shops in Wondai for a look.

Chin up everyone - get in the shed and use this time to do a new project for next years events

Cheers Justin

bigmoot

« Reply #12 on: 04 September, 2020, 09:21:44 pm »
BIT LATE FOR YOU ON FORUM MATE .
hawkesbury n.s.w   hornsbys/listers/associated/triumph/sundexs/
sundial/fairbanks z 's/condor/inter m's/ronnys/nuffield tractor/howard 2000/southern cross's.

allisb

« Reply #13 on: 09 September, 2020, 09:56:20 am »
Good oh, Justin.  I fully understand re the rally requirements. And you only need some dimwit to do the wrong thing and spoil it for everyone.

But yes, we will be visiting the area on our holiday travels. Not sure if the junk shops are worth it - already picked over by the Kingaroy boys! :)

Getting out for a few days down this way first on the Chamberlain with camper trailer. Will be good to get out on the road again.

Take care, Rx