Author Topic: Robson Diesel engine  (Read 4334 times)

mcgyver27

Robson Diesel engine
« on: 14 December, 2020, 10:15:27 pm »
Good morning to all
I am a french citizen leaving in Normandy, in a small village named Hondouville
55 years old, grey haired grandfather, working in aluminium industries, in different countries including UK, in Kitts Green next to Birmingham.
I have a passion for old mechanical stuff, cars, tractor, fixed engine, and more over watermills..
In my village thera are 5 of them, different types of technology of wheels, producting electricity or still able to mill corn, wheat, barley.
I visited one of them yesterday and I made a discovery that I did not expect to do in such a mill.
To compensate the variations of the water flow, and in order to guarantee a "smooth" production of about 300kg/hour, the mill has been equipped with a diesel engine from Robson in Shipley, Yorshire. It is a single piston that is full and not blocked, I turned it by hand until reaching the high compression. So I think that restarting will not be a big issue.
I would like to know if there is some technical information available somewhere that can help in restarting the beast.
Here attached is a picture of the engine

with my very best regards

mcgyver27

Re: Robson Diesel engine
« Reply #1 on: 14 December, 2020, 10:18:58 pm »
trying to insert picture..

mcgyver27

« Reply #2 on: 14 December, 2020, 10:21:19 pm »

finally  8)

asw120

« Reply #3 on: 15 December, 2020, 08:32:02 pm »
With checked floor and all! What a find!
I am not knowledgeable on these, but there are some in my part of the world.
We would all love to see how this goes. I find it surprising, as there were plenty of French engines back then.

Regards, Jarrod, Australia.

jimbo

« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2021, 03:42:02 pm »
Hello Mcgyver27.
This might be a long shot but if you are still out there some where, I think I might be able to help you with some technical information  for this Robson.
Please message me.

Jim