Author Topic: Dorman 3DL 111 Diesel Engine  (Read 1795 times)

jglover

Dorman 3DL 111 Diesel Engine
« on: 04 May, 2021, 10:44:38 pm »
G'day,

I'm looking for a manual or parts booklet for a Dorman 3DL 111 diesel engine.
I have one fitted to a Holman T20D Air Compressor which I am hoping to resurrect.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Dorman 3DL 111 Diesel Engine
« Reply #1 on: 05 May, 2021, 09:34:44 pm »
Soundsd like ou will need to take a lot of pics as you strip it down for repairs. Then source parts that will adapt or reproduce.
Not that it surpises me but I have not heard of the brand engine before.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Beech

« Reply #2 on: 05 May, 2021, 09:46:48 pm »
These engines were made in England and went through a number of ownerships, I feel if you google you will probably find a group over there that will be of help.

Geoff.

oldgoat

« Reply #3 on: 06 May, 2021, 08:42:07 pm »
You could try Macfarlane generators in  Melbourne but be prepared for bill shock.

winnock

« Reply #4 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:21:08 pm »
In the 1950s I worked for a firm who were Dorman agents. When the business was sold up I managed to purchase all their books, so have a set of Dorman manuals covering their earlier engines. I think this is the book you require. Send me a personal message and we can work out the best way to make a copy for you. GEC Diesels took over Dorman but parts could be a problem now.
Hugh
Diesel fuel injection equipment & vintage windmills.

jimbo

« Reply #5 on: 24 May, 2021, 11:51:53 am »
Hi James,
 I have a PDF of the Dorman 3DL111. If you want to send me a message with your email address I will send it to you.

Jim

jglover

« Reply #6 on: 11 June, 2021, 10:43:37 pm »
Thanks Hugh and Jim,

The old compressor of mine is very original and 99% complete.  The compressor was recovered from an old quarry by the former owner but they never got around to getting it going.  Im trying to get the engine going first then i will sort out the air end.

It was once owned by the Country Roads Board based on the signage.  Ive just removed the fan belts and theyve been on there since it was last painted in the 60's based on the paint overspray!

The crank handle is missing so thats the first thing to sort out!, then sort out all of the hoses etc.

Regards,

James