Author Topic: Searching for information on a Ud42 Marine engine  (Read 3125 times)

sak84

Re: Searching for information on a Ud42 Marine engine
« Reply #15 on: 22 May, 2021, 10:20:10 pm »
Well good news we got her running no thanks to a seized throttle cable but after changing the deisel filter and priming her back up she fired straight uponly ran it at low revs and for a short time as did not find the correct oil filter so just tried with filter and oil that was in it but after checking all the lines and finding minimal signs of corrosion anywhere figured it was worth a try and after about a minute of cranking away she went.
It may seem like a strange question but would anyone know where the air intake would be as i could not for the life of me find where it was or find a air filter for it.
We are so thankfull for everyones help so far as we where running blind on this one.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #16 on: 23 May, 2021, 04:20:05 pm »
That would be right old goat, everything you need to know except some simple facts like quantities.   ::)
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

asw120

« Reply #17 on: 23 May, 2021, 05:42:38 pm »
I assume it has a blower, like a GM? Find that and follow the pipes.

Jarrod.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #18 on: 23 May, 2021, 08:57:03 pm »
Follow your air intake manifold. If no air filter is found that maybe because it is a marine application where dust would be rare. Or it has been removed at some point but one can be adapted.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

oldgoat

« Reply #19 on: 23 May, 2021, 09:38:05 pm »
The air filter originally bolted on the square inlet on top of the blower left hand side looking from the flywheel. It had a paper element and an intake silencer on the front of it.

sak84

« Reply #20 on: 24 May, 2021, 10:24:28 pm »
Hi all
Thank you for the suggestions i will check when i get out there Saturday and let you know how we go.
I  would just like to check
When you say blower do you mean the fans they use to suck out the fumes out of the room or does a deisel motor have another type of blower i dont know about
Cheers

oldgoat

« Reply #21 on: 24 May, 2021, 10:36:17 pm »
It has a supercharger (Blower) on the left side of the block looking from the flywheel end which blows air into ports at the bottom of the cylinder. This is then exhausted through poppet valves at the top of the cylinder after the power stroke.                                                 
 If you like I would be prepared to swap the UD 6 book you have for the 3 and 4 cylinder one I have.

Netey

« Reply #22 on: 27 May, 2021, 08:39:19 am »
Oldgoat our book is falling apart it isn't in the greatest condition, but I am happy to try and scan the pages and send you a copy if you like? And thank you for the advice on the blower Scott is going out on the weekend to do more work on it so its on his list to check it out, I am sure he will have plenty more questions. I found the filter and oil at our local truck hub so he can also do the oil change now still no wiser on the amount of oil we need so I guess that will just be a fill and check as he goes. I also found a lovely gentleman at cablecraft who unseized our throttle cable for us. so far everything is going in the right direction. :)
Enjoy your day
Lynette & Scott.