Author Topic: COVID  (Read 3636 times)

bigmoot

COVID
« on: 28 July, 2021, 07:49:40 am »
GDAY GUYS AND GIRLS HOWS EVERY ONE GOING IN THESE HARD TIMES I HOPE ALL WELL REGARDS BIGMOOT.
hawkesbury n.s.w   hornsbys/listers/associated/triumph/sundexs/
sundial/fairbanks z 's/condor/inter m's/ronnys/nuffield tractor/howard 2000/southern cross's.

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
Re: COVID
« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2021, 02:28:26 pm »
1651+51+561
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

rustyengines

« Reply #2 on: 28 July, 2021, 02:49:13 pm »
I'm glad I don't live down south. YES I know what it is like as I know people down that way as my home town is Wollongong
Here in Townsville we have had no cases WHY? Last year we had a big boxing match, football games the V8s for two races and a number of other events
This year again football matches and the big game NSW verses QLD 20,000 people no masks etc and there was people for all over come from NSW and again the V8s for two races and other event and still no virus cases WHY?
The number of people from VIC and NSW up here is amazing they are everywhere pushing up rents and buying up our homes, the prices are up never been so high  with some going over $1 million which is not normal for here
The people and freight movement through Townsville is high as you have to come here to go elsewhere and still no virus cases
Then the big on a woman cam up from Brisbane with the Delta Virus roamed around Magnetic Island and Townsville for about 5 days result we had to wear mask for two weeks and have a 3 day lock down and still no virus case
We have had 1.5 years to get a case, Townsville is not a small town we have 200,000  people but  no virus cases WHY ???
Ian

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 28 July, 2021, 03:43:45 pm »
We are doing alright here on the Mid North Coast of NSW near Taree. No real restrictions and only need to wear a mask when in shops or other businesses and of course sign in as well, no big deal. The only thing upsetting the apple cart is deliveries out of Sydney and Brisbane to this area. I have no idea why as the guy across the road drives interstate mainly NSW - Qld and has little trouble crossing the borders but try and get orders delivered here  is like pulling teeth. It also may be that some places are simply slack and cannot be bothered.
We have canned a short holiday over in the New England district but will wait a little while before doing it becasue things change so fast with restricted areas cropping up and the one at Orange district was a bit close for us to want to take the chance so will continue working here.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

asw120

« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2021, 06:29:45 pm »
Apparently this virus likes the cold.....none of that in Townsville, either!

Jarrod.

cosmo

« Reply #5 on: 29 July, 2021, 07:01:32 am »
Nothing here in Canberra, but I fear only a matter of time.
keep well and safe
regards to all cosmo

wee-allis

« Reply #6 on: 29 July, 2021, 08:01:26 am »

We're all good down here on the far south coast and have been for over 12 months, but as Cosmo says, only a matter of time.

Has any member on here actually had it or someone in their circle of friends?

Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

Triumphline

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 29 July, 2021, 04:33:15 pm »
We are in mega-ultra-super lockdown here in suburban Sydney. It is a lot less fun than you would think it would be.
Keep safe and well everyone.
Patrick
Patrick M Livingstone
The Austral Register
Sydney, NSW

rustyengines

« Reply #8 on: 04 August, 2021, 02:03:01 pm »
I know that there is a lot of people up here North Queensland BUT there is more than first thought
Had a friend (Townsville) go to Atherton for a few days for his sisters 90 birthday took about 1 1/5 hours longer than normal as to many Van etc on the road went to stop at Cardwell for a cupper like he normally does OPPS no where to park the whole main street on both sides full of camper trailers, Van, mobile homes had to keep going to Tully and just found a park at a servo for a cupper
At Atherton went to the local shopping center opps no where to park the place is full of vans etc
The caravans parks are over flowing with some fitting 3 vans where there is normal 2
Spoke to one chap been on the road for 4 days first stop was to be Winton no full all out west and the Gulf  been camping on the road side would love to find a camp site as could do with a shower
Some people at Atherton are a bit worried as there is stories of 4WDs using Hema maps, Navman's with 4WD Tracks, Google earth cutting across the country on property tracks to sneak across the boarder
Cape York is over full with reports it can tack up 4+ hours to cross the Jardine river ferry
All these people said to be thousands are escaping the lockdowns and in the belief you can't get the virus up here so far fingers crossed that will continue
Ian 

cosmo

« Reply #9 on: 16 August, 2021, 07:57:51 am »
Nothing here in Canberra, but I fear only a matter of time.
keep well and safe
regards to all cosmo
We are now in lockdown, new infections every day
keep safe
Regards cosmo

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #10 on: 16 August, 2021, 04:15:03 pm »
Well all of NSW is in lock down now. I spent ages going through the site to find out what we can and cannot do work wise. I cancelled todays work but it appears I can continue as per usual so I am. Something I am doing though is contacting my customers again and giving them the 3rd degree on their health and travels over the last fortnight and if they still wish me to come and do their jobs. So far all good.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.