Author Topic: Now I'm a certain age.......  (Read 472 times)

Windjammer

• Shooting the breeze
    • MATAMA
Now I'm a certain age.......
« on: 10 September, 2021, 11:34:15 am »
Hi,
Because I can no longer handle heavier stuff, I've decided to sell off my bigger engines and just keep the smaller ones.
One is a 1924 7HP Sunshine, on transporter, fully restored about 23 years ago and kept well since. Its full history is known and it featured in a TOMM magazine about 20 years back. It was last run at the Mudgee National Rally.
The other is a 1928 Wolseley R type still in its original paint on its original transporter, including unrestored, original, shearing gear.
Both run quite well.
Because I haven't been active at all for about a decade, I have no idea what to ask for these engines. I expect that the forum moderators will frown on me here and that the post will be deleted, but what sort of money do these things attract these days?
All the best in these difficult times.
"Fair winds & following seas"

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Now I'm a certain age.......
« Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2021, 04:09:38 pm »
Sorry to hear that you need to cut back on some of your toys but fully understand the reasons why. I have shoulder trouble and will be doing the same thing in the near future.
Value on these engines is anyone's guess lately. Just look at the results of the Auction up in Qld. Good luck with the sale of the engines and I don't think TOMM will be upset as they also have a for sale section both in the magazine and online.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Windjammer

• Shooting the breeze
    • MATAMA
« Reply #2 on: 11 September, 2021, 08:50:46 am »
Since I've not been at all involved for several years, I have no idea about the results of the auction in QLD.
Were they better (higher prices) or worse (lower prices) than expected?
Cheers,
"Fair winds & following seas"

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 11 September, 2021, 02:23:03 pm »
Some rare engines went through the roof price wise.

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2021, 05:33:33 pm »
I have been wanting to down size for a while was going give a good go last year but the virus stopped that
The main issue I have I live in Townsville and nobody wants to pay freight
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #5 on: 11 September, 2021, 09:35:52 pm »
Similar poblem here, too far away from Sydney for the tyre kickers to fontup so best option is to list them when it is time or if we ever get to go to Rallies again drag tem to one and see how that goes.