Author Topic: Who knows about Heckman & Co engines London???  (Read 1370 times)

Evan Hale

Who knows about Heckman & Co engines London???
« on: 24 September, 2021, 11:23:12 pm »
Hi all I am new here, I'm on a quest,  I have just over 111 stationary engines in my collection, and have recently gotten this Little Heckman & Co 4 stroke engine, it's around 30kg and from 1909 to 1910, all I know is they made single and twin cylinder engines, model H and S, the single I have is a model H and the S being the twin. My question is who else has heard of these engines? Who else has one? Do any other examples in running condition exist or unrestored incomplete engines. I also might have a twin cylinder of the same make but will have to do more digging. Any help would be appreciated

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Who knows about Heckman & Co engines London???
« Reply #1 on: 25 September, 2021, 09:03:19 pm »
Nice little engine. Not seen one before or heardof them.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Evan Hale

« Reply #2 on: 29 September, 2021, 05:32:06 am »
I have also found this I was sent it from graces guide uk. They have updated the history and I've sent them pictures of the engine. of 27 Quinton Street, Earlsfield, London and of Henley

1907 Advertising castings for small engines

1909 Producing their H and S single and twin petrol engines

1909 Model Engineer Exhibition, London. 'Messrs. H. Heckman and Co. of Henley were also exhibitors, their chief items being petrol engines and castings, and a coupled set of their two-cylinder engines suitable for yachts, houseboats, bungalows, charging accumulators, etc. Another feature was the coal or coke fired model steam boiler. The firm also make a speciality of vertical centre tube boilers which are of mild steel throughout.

1912 Advertisement. Heckman's, General and Motor engineers, Smiths and Cycle Repairers, Henley upon Thames. 'We repaired the first Petrol Motor, brought into Henley in 1897.

Possible Connections

1901 Advertisement. W. Heckman and Sons, General Engineers, Smiths and Cycle Engineers, 41 Market Place, Henley-on-Thames.

1911 Living at 41 Market Place Henley Oxon: William Heckman (age 77 born Odiham), Engineer's Smith - Employer. With his wife Elinas Heckman (age 71 born London) and their three sons Albert Heckman (age 41 born Henley), Electrical Engineer; Arthur Heckman (age 31 born Henley), Engineer Fitter; and Alfred Heckman (age 28 born Henley), Motor and Cycle Repairer. Also grandchildren. William had a total of ten children all living.

Evan Hale

« Reply #3 on: 29 September, 2021, 05:33:18 am »
Nice little engine. Not seen one before or heardof them.
I had never heard of them either until this engine turned up