Author Topic: Fiat 411c Crawler  (Read 540 times)

goacamel

Fiat 411c Crawler
« on: 07 November, 2021, 12:59:04 pm »
New to Forum...so feeling my way ...and new to owning operating the fiat...just did some internal work on it and is running but seems to be getting too much fuel ..ie blowing wet and black out exhaust...hand is up  :)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Fiat 411c Crawler
« Reply #1 on: 07 November, 2021, 09:03:43 pm »
Welcome to the Forum, I left a reply on yoiur cryptic message in  the other sectio.
Have you checked all the fluids in the crawler before and after you running the engine?
Has it been sitting out in wet weather which may be where the black fluid has come from?
Try checking the radiator again, start it up and run it until it gets to running temp and check for bubbles in the radiator.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

winnock

« Reply #2 on: 07 November, 2021, 10:16:17 pm »
Your engine won't be getting too much fuel as the governor takes care of that, except under a full load. The wet oily exhaust indicates unburnt fuel. Look for retarded injection timing or lack of compression. Is the engine hard to start and is it firing evenly on all cylinders? Also if the engine has been running on light load or idling for a lengthy period oil may be coming up past the rings.
Hugh
Diesel fuel injection equipment & vintage windmills.

shubys tractor farm

• SUFFERING SEVERELY FROM RUSTY IRON DISEASE.
« Reply #3 on: 22 June, 2022, 09:34:58 pm »
G'day- as a fiat crawler owner of 25C, 50C  and others- my thoughts were that if you had checked and cleaned out all fuel beforehand to make sure that your fuel supply is clean and clear- this part is so important--.---what I think is that you need to place your motor under stress by working it hard---as previously touched on by other responders- same advice given to me many years back for a  Cat D2 purging out oily spits from exhaust- I worked it hard and it cleared these problems.  I have a 50C dozer which I would like to quit  if you were interested. Very good condition I think. Cheers Shubystractorfarm ----- I would love to have a 411crawler- have been seeking one of these ---I have two 411rbs in my collection.  Regards ds.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #4 on: 24 June, 2022, 03:37:39 pm »
Unfortunately the O.P. has not been back since November 2021. Hope it is sorted.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.