Author Topic: Blaxland Chapman 2 1/2 hp pup  (Read 2853 times)

pjondeck

Blaxland Chapman 2 1/2 hp pup
« on: 12 February, 2022, 09:09:04 am »
Hi. I'm a newby. I have just had the good fortune to acquire this engine.
I intend to restore it. I don't believe it has ever been near salt water as I know the history.
I would be grateful for any information that I can get. I have done some research on the net but some of the info is too fuzzy to read.
Was there ever handbook for the machine?
Thank you
Peter
pjondeck

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Blaxland Chapman 2 1/2 hp pup
« Reply #1 on: 03 March, 2022, 04:07:11 pm »
Hi Peter and welcome to the Forum. I know of the engines obviously but nothing about them as far as maintenance. Keep asking the questions and be patient for replies as members do not always log in to check it out.
Have a look online at Plough Book Sales in Vic I think as they have many hand books. In the mean time is there any particular piece of info you need that might spark things up as a general question no one can tell what it is you need.
You can also try sending a PM to a member called Anzani ( from memory) look him up in the members section, he has a huge collection of marine engines both popular and very rare.
A final choice is to join yet another Forum named Smokstak Downunder as they also have a Marine section too.
Sorry TOM if the last comment offends, it is not intended to do so.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #2 on: 03 March, 2022, 09:43:02 pm »
Look up   AusAnzani     as the member then send Spiro a PM. He is very helpful and loves his engines and all that he has posted up here are of extremely high standard.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

wee-allis

« Reply #3 on: 04 March, 2022, 08:24:53 pm »

Peter, I've got a hand book for one of those somewhere. If I can find it, I'll lend it to you or if I can, scan it and send it on. You're only up in the ACT aren't  you?
Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

Sea Bee

« Reply #4 on: 30 November, 2022, 10:05:01 am »
I have a Chapman Pup "Export" 2 1/2 hp, complete and going, but I'm pretty sure it has the wrong carburetor. Can anybody confirm or ideally send a picture/photo of the correct carburetor?

Eric Schulz

« Reply #5 on: 01 December, 2022, 09:04:53 am »
The carby on your engine should look something like this.

Eric

Sea Bee

« Reply #6 on: 05 December, 2022, 11:44:53 am »
Thanks Eric,
I definitely have the wrong Carburetor.  Now the difficult part - where do I get the correct one from? Any suggestions welcome

Sea Bee

« Reply #7 on: 05 December, 2022, 04:09:54 pm »
Late Mail, I have subsequently found a carburetor and manifold as per Eric's photo. It won't fit my motor in its current configuration due to the size of exhaust manifold . Attached is a photo of the lever and linkages to the "wrong carburetor" on my motor.

Sea Bee

« Reply #8 on: 24 February, 2023, 11:07:06 am »
I'm have now been told that my Chapman Pup is an early one, and given the side throttle arrangement the correct carburetor is a Schebler vaporizer? Please and leads or comments.