Author Topic: Guldner diesel  (Read 1910 times)

AUSDOK

Guldner diesel
« on: 25 July, 2022, 11:54:10 am »
Put the engine away a couple of months ago. Now there is no fuel from the fuel pump , have rebled all the lines and depressed the button with tge lever on full with no result. If I  loosen the output nozzle I get fuel coming out. Tried the remove the pump but it seems to hang up . Any ideas please Rudy

winnock

Re: Guldner diesel
« Reply #1 on: 25 July, 2022, 10:51:27 pm »
Hi Rudy. If the engine was starting ok before it was stored, you should not need to remove the pump. If the pump delivers fuel try bleeding it again and see if the injector will "creak" when connected. What model Gilder? I may have a manual.
Hugh
Diesel fuel injection equipment & vintage windmills.

AUSDOK

« Reply #2 on: 26 July, 2022, 05:09:48 am »
Hi Hugh thanks for the reply. It is a LK , I have a manual . I removed the pump after several attempts at bleeding. The rack was seized and nothing moved , after several runs in the ultrasound it freed up . the locating screw in the body of the pump had the head broken off. when it all came apart it did so in a hurry. Would you have a diagram of the pump so that it can be put back correctly. Thanks Rudy

AUSDOK

« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2022, 06:55:55 am »
Hi the fuel pump is to the best I can make out is a ,
Bosch PFR 1k 60/250
UT =70 3-0-2
Thanks Rudy

winnock

« Reply #4 on: 27 July, 2022, 10:52:51 am »
Hi Rudy. These diagrams should help. Let us know how you get on.
Hugh

AUSDOK

« Reply #5 on: 27 July, 2022, 05:07:17 pm »
Thanks Hugh for posting the diagram ,the only difference that I can see is in the pump that I have the rack has a ball attached to the rack to fit into a socket from the governor arm. I will have a look at the marks on the plunger tomorrow . Rudy

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #6 on: 27 July, 2022, 08:53:15 pm »
I have only played with one injector off my CD Lister and after many attempts I finally worked my problem was not havin g the dots aligned. Hopefully this is your problem Rudy.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

AUSDOK

« Reply #7 on: 10 August, 2022, 07:24:53 am »
okay had to rebuild the fuel pump and got that sorted still nothing from the injector, pulled it apart and it was very very stuck took 5 turns in the ultrasound above 38 degrees to finally free everything. just put the injector back on outside the engine ,good spray and a nice squeak, will try to start later. Rudy

winnock

« Reply #8 on: 10 August, 2022, 10:00:20 pm »
Sounds like you have solved the problem Rudy.
Hugh

AUSDOK

« Reply #9 on: 11 August, 2022, 05:41:50 pm »
I wish it was that easy. tried several times with only a small puff of white smoke. It has plenty of compression when you let the lever go .tried a small touch of ether and nothing. Ho hum will have to rethink. It was a running engine until this. there was a small amount of water that got into the cylinder but that was all removed . Thanks Rudy

winnock

« Reply #10 on: 11 August, 2022, 06:47:19 pm »
Strange there was no response from ether. Sounds like the engine is not "breathing" properly. Check for a blocked exhaust, blocked air intake or a push rod that he's jumped off. A piece of rag sucked into the intake? Also is the engine free to rotate and not coupled to a load that might stop it from starting.
Hugh

AUSDOK

« Reply #11 on: 12 August, 2022, 08:52:23 am »
Hi Hugh thanks for your input.  rechecking everything and the valve clearance was 30 thou. reset to 12 thou.  removed air inlet cover and  exhaust there are no blockages to see. ,I can feel air being sucked in and air going out the exhaust. I am getting a small puff of white smoke and occasionally that comes back out the inlet. there is a lot of compression. Regards Rudy

winnock

« Reply #12 on: 12 August, 2022, 03:20:48 pm »
Perhaps try squirting a little oil in the intake. Compression may feel good but not be quite enough. The rings may have dried out while the engine was standing and are now not sealing as well as they did in the cylinder. White smoke is a sure sign of low compression.
Hugh

AUSDOK

« Reply #13 on: 12 August, 2022, 04:49:07 pm »
Now is the time to let everybody know how dumb I truly am. The engine as a starting dog on each side and they are both in different directions. Guess which one I was trying.  After using the other side it works fine. Thank you all for your help. I don't understand why there would be one in the wrong direction. Rudy

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #14 on: 12 August, 2022, 09:40:38 pm »
Dont feel so bad Rudy, we have all done something similar. Might be an idea to remove the wrong one so it doesn't catch you out again.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.